- The Catalogue shortcut is under development, so it’s not available yet.
- The new Call button is also under development.
- Every feature related to Wallpapers is under development.
- WhatsApp is currently working to implement these features and they will be available in a future update.
- If you don’t see the update on the Play Store, please refresh the Google Play Store in the next hours.
New Call Button
WhatsApp is actually experimenting a new Call button. Initially it will be available in business chats only (if they provide a catalogue), but we must not exclude the possibility that they will expand the feature for other chats too.
This button combines the voice and video call shortcuts (the one you actually see in groups) and, when tapped, it allows to choose the call type:
This shortcut is under development and it will be available in a future build.
We mentioned in the 220.127.116.11 changelog that WhatsApp was starting to work for improving the Wallpaper feature, allowing to choose a different wallpaper based on your system theme and chat. Note that this is still under development.
Recently we have also talked about WhatsApp Doodles in the WhatsApp Web/Desktop 2.2035.15 update, suggesting that WhatsApp will allow to add doodles on the chat solid wallpaper (under development).
Today, thanks to the 18.104.22.168 beta update, we’ve discovered similar tracks on Android too!\
Well.. it’s not implemented on iOS yet but WhatsApp is working today on a new option called Add WhatsApp Doodles on WhatsApp for Android.
Here you can see a preview of the feature, comparing the differences between doodles and no doodles:
This is another feature under development and it will be enabled in a future update for everyone.
Source : Link