The Redmi Note 8 Pro is a phone released in 2019 by Xiaomi and is powered by a Mediatek (Helio G90T) chip and yes, Google Camera is for the Note 8 Pro!
Some of the benefits of GCam (google camera) over the stock camera app include:
- Better details and dynamic range;
- Better low light performance;
- Features like Night Mode, Astrophotography, Motion Photos, etc;
On this page, we list some known to be stable versions of Google Camera is for the Note 8 Pro. If you have never installed an APK file before, learn How To Install APK files and then try the versions listed below.
How to Install APK Files:
.apk format, short for Android Package, is used by Android apps. When we install an app from the Play Store, it essentially downloads an apk file and installs it behind the scenes. But what if you have an apk file and want to install it manually? Installing an apk file is very simple and doesn’t require root.
How to install Google Camera:
- Download-the apk file.
- Using a file manager, click on the apk file.
- If asked, give the file manager permission to install apk files.
- Click on install and wait.
- Check your installed apps.
Sometimes you’ll see a “parsing error” or “couldn’t install” error. This usually happens for the following reasons:
- If the app already installed: if you already have the same app installed, you may have to remove it before installing it again. Sometimes the app already comes pre-installed with your phone/ROM.
- The apk file only works on older/newer Android versions.
- You may be installing a 64-bit app on a phone with a 32-bit processor (less likely).
Is it safe to install apk files?
Assuming the .apk file comes from a trustable source, it’s safe to install apk files.
How to uninstall an apk file?
There’s no difference between an app installed via Play Store or manually with an .apk file. Apps can be removed just like any other Android apps.
How to Configs XML for Google camera
XML configs are the file that contains the best possible settings for your GCam for your Android device.
- Download the XML file from the above Download-Link.
- Save the XML file to GCam Folder, You need to create the folder.
- After you have created Gcam folder in that folder create New Folder- Configs7 – Burial
- Now under that folder Copy and Paste the XML file you just downloaded from the above link
- Open GCam and double-tap the empty space from the left side of the shutter button » restore config (switching between configs does not require a reboot)
How to Fix the Lag issue:
- Download the Lag Fix flashable zip
- flash this zip file through Magisk Module
- Now you can enjoy the google camera without any issue