The fourth beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 is now staying for builders and could quickly be to be hard to public beta testers. The new beta is to be had precisely 3 weeks after the discharge of the 1/3 beta. But in the one’s 3 weeks we additionally were given an iOS 16 public beta, iOS 15.6 RC builds, and an iOS 15.6 public build. If you are one of the iOS 16 developer beta testers, you may improve to the brand-new beta now.
Let’s know what is new in iOS 16 beta 4. iOS 16 turned into introduced on the WWDC occasion. And a number of the functions that had been referred to on the occasion are nonetheless now no longer to be had in iOS sixteen. Also, there might be numerous beta updates earlier than the iOS sixteen public beta release. So we will anticipate a few new functions and modifications with inside the following few iOS sixteen beta builds. Along with this, iOS 16 beta 4vadditionally comes with new functions which you’ll know approximately with inside the functions section.
Along with iOS 16 Beta 4 and iPadOS 16 Beta 4, Apple also released macOS 13 Ventura Beta 4, tvOS 16 Beta 4, and HomePodOS 16 Beta 4. As of now, watchOS 9 Beta 4 is not available. Apple may release it with the public beta or maybe in the next beta build. Both iOS 16 Beta 4 and iPadOS 16 Beta 4 come with build number 20A5328h. The ‘h’ at the end of the build number means that the journey to iOS 16 beta is going to be long.
As I mentioned earlier, the update comes with some changes, new features and improvements. Below you can check out most of the changes found in iOS 16 beta 4.
- New modem update 2.08.01 (update from 2.07.00)
- Activity Kit released for developers that will allow them to add Lockscreen Live Activity features on their apps
- iMessage unsend time limit changed to 2 minutes and limit of 5 edits in a message. Receivers can see all the edit history
- News wallpapers in the Home app and CarPlay
- Subscription option removed from App Store profile and only available in iCloud
- The lock screen wallpaper customization menu now shows labels for explanation
- Clock widgets names changed to City Analog and City Digital in lockscreen customization
- Few more refinements in the lock screen customization
- Graphical representation of lockscreen notification style in the Notification settings (for Count, Stack, and List)
- Notification option under Wallet and Apple Pay settings
- Siri Call hang up option is back in Siri and Search settings (it was removed in the last beta)
- Undo Send Delay option in Mail settings
- There are also some UI improvements like large Music widgets on the lock screen, thick volume and track slider in Music
- Multiple bug fixes
If you notice more changes, let us know in the comments section.
iOS 16 beta 4 is currently only available to developers. The public beta is expected to be released within a day or so. If you’re on iOS 16 Dev Beta 3, you can easily update your iPhone from Settings > General > Software Update. Before updating, make sure to back up important data.