iOS 16 brings a significant change to the iPhone’s lock screen. New personalization tools add new lock screen widgets, clock styles, different colors, depth effects, and more to choose wallpapers and customize the lock screen.
No doubt you can use these options to create different setups on your iPhone, but when it comes to setting different wallpapers for the lock screen and home screen, things aren’t that simple. Here’s how you can set different home screen wallpapers on iOS 16.
By default, the new system promotes the use of the same wallpaper on the lock screen and home screen. It looks good in some cases, like with astronomy wallpapers or the new Pride wallpaper, but not always. And if you want to use a custom wallpaper on your iPhone and want to know how to set different wallpapers on the lock screen and home screen, here are all the different ways to change the home screen wallpaper on iOS 16 These are
How to change wallpaper on iOS 16
iOS 16 is now available to the public, upgrading the new software will not change the wallpaper, it uses the same wallpaper as on iOS 15. Whether you want to customize the wallpaper or change the wallpaper, you can tap and hold the lock screen. , then tap the Customize option for customization, or tap the + icon in the bottom right corner to change the wallpaper. Tapping on the + icon will bring up a new wallpaper gallery from where you can select any wallpaper or set a custom image of your choice by selecting the Photos option.
How to set a different wallpaper on home screen and lock screen
Now there are two ways to change the wallpaper. One is the traditional Settings app method, while the other method is from the lock screen itself.
First, look at the traditional method.
- Open settings on your iPhone running on iOS 16.
- Scroll down a bit, then tap wallpaper.
- On the wallpaper screen, you will see this preview of the lock screen and the home screen, with the option for customization.
- For changing the home screen wallpaper, tap customize button available below the home screen preview.
- Now there are three options you can use to change the wallpaper on your home screen. As the name suggests color options allow you to set a simple plain color background of your choice, you can use the gradient option if you want a good combination of colors.
- If you want to set a custom picture as the home screen background then you can tap photos then pick your favorite picture from the photos.
- Once done, you can tap the blur option for additional effects if you want. Optionally, you can swipe to the left or right to add a filter or crop the photo.
- Tap the done button in the top right corner.
- That’s it.
PRO TIP: You can set up multiple lock screens on iOS 16, you can tap and hold a lock screen and swipe between your saved lock screen setups.
Set a different wallpaper from the Lock Screen
Apple has introduced a new way to change the wallpaper on the iPhone with iOS 16. You can customize or decorate your iPhone right from the lock screen. As mentioned earlier there are two ways to change wallpaper on iPhone, you already know the traditional way, so let’s take a look at the second and new way introduced with iOS 16.
- Press the power button on your iPhone, unlock your iPhone by authenticating with Face ID or Touch ID on older models.
- Once unlocked, tap and hold for a second on the lock screen to get the wallpaper customization pop-up menu.
- Tap customize, then select done in the top right corner.
- Select customize the home screen, and now you will see the same menu we have discussed in the previous section.
- Simply choose the image you want.
- That’s it.
If you change your mind and want to change the wallpaper in the future, you can follow any of these methods and follow the same steps to change the background.
So, these are the two easy ways by which you can set a different home screen wallpaper on your iPhone running iOS 16. If you have any query, please comment in the comment box.