How to Send Secret/Confidential Emails on Gmail (Desktop & Mobile)
Gmail is probably the most used email service. Gmail offers you better features and options than any other email service. If you use Gmail regularly, you may find the feature of secret emails very useful.
Gmail has an encrypted mail feature that allows you to send encrypted or encrypted emails in a few simple steps. When you send an encrypted email to Gmail, the recipient must enter an SMS passcode to access the contents of the email.
In addition, recipients of encrypted emails will have forwarding, copying, printing, and downloading options disabled to ensure complete security.
How to Send Secret (Confidential) Emails on Gmail
Confidential Mode is indeed a very useful feature, but many Gmail users are unaware of it. You can use the web version of Gmail or the mobile app to send secret emails to Gmail.
Therefore, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide to sending confidential/confidential emails in Gmail. Let’s check out.
1) Send Secret Email via Computer
In this method, we will use the web version of Gmail to send confidential emails. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First of all, open your favorite web browser and open the Gmail website.
2. On Gmail, you need to compose an email and click on the Confidential mode button, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. On the Confidential Mode pop-up, set the email expiration date and select the ‘SMS Passcode’ option.
4. Now, you need to enter the recipient’s phone number. Enter the phone number and click on the Send button.
5. This will send an encrypted email to the recipient. The recipient would need to click on the Send Passcode button and enter the passcode sent to their number to unlock the message.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can send encrypted emails in Gmail.
2) Send Secret Emails on Gmail Mobile App
You can also use the Gmail Android & iOS app to send a secret email. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, open the Gmail app on your smartphone. Next, compose the email that you want to encrypt and send.
2. On the top right corner, tap on the three dots as shown below.
3. From the list of options, tap on the Confidential mode.
4. On the Confidential Mode page, set the message expiry time. Next, select ‘SMS Passcode’ under the Require passcode section. Once done, tap on the Save button.
5. Now tap on the send button. You will now see a prompt to add the missing information. You need to tap on the ‘Add missing information’ option.
6. On the next screen, you need to enter the phone number and click on the Done button. (You can use your own phone number here)
that’s it! You did Whenever the recipient tries to unlock the message, they will need to enter a passcode.
How to Remove Access Early
You can also prevent your recipient from viewing emails before the expiration date. Here’s how to remove quick access to secret emails.
- First of all, open the Gmail app on your mobile or the desktop web browser.
- Next, open the Sent tap from the left sidebar. On the mobile app, tap on the Menu > Sent.
- Now select the Confidential email and click on the Remove Access button.
That’s it! You are done. This will remove the content you have sent.
This is a complete guide to sending secret or confidential emails to Gmail. You can use privacy mode on both desktop and smartphone. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends too. If you have any doubts about it, let us know in the comment box below.