For Windows 11 Windows Hello is one of the steady alternatives to signal in. This choice is greater steady than different signal-in options to be had such as facial recognition, PIN, or fingerprint recognition.
You can without problems take away or installation the Windows Hello PIN signal-in choice. But this selection may fade out in a few Windows 11 PCs, and also you can not configure the same. If you come upon such an issue, this newsletter will offer you a really perfect answer for it.
There are 2 ways to fix the “Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11” error. Let us locate the ones out.
Method 1: Disable the option “Only allow Windows Hello sign-in”
So, you have encountered the Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11 issue in your Windows 11. To resolve this issue, you can try disabling the “only allow Windows Hello sign-in” from the settings menu.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows + I altogether to launch the settings app.
- Now select the Accounts settings from the left bar menu.
- In the right pane, select Sign-in Options.
- Then hover to the Additional Settings section in the newly opened window and see the toggle beside the “For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device (Recommended)” is switched to On or Off.
- If this switch is turned On, toggle it Off.
- Now the Windows Hello PIN Remove button is enabled so that you can delete the Windows Hello PIN easily.
Method 2: Use the forgot PIN option
If you’re not able to discover the “only allow Windows Hello sign-in,” then you may use this method. Before going in advance with the same, ensure to feature a consumer account password, then observe the beneath steps to configure and address the issue.
- Firstly, press the Windows + I altogether open the Setting app.
- From the left sidebar menu, select the Accounts tab.
- On the right-side menu, select the Sign-in option. Then click on the PIN (Windows Hello) option.
- Now click on the I forgot my PIN link beside the Related links option.
- Click on the Continue button when the Microsoft Account window opens up.
- Now Windows will ask your identity, type in the Microsoft password. After doing this, you will be asked to set up a new PIN.
- Now just click the Cancel button and close the window. Now your Windows will delete the current Windows Hello PIN from the system in no time.
So, those had been the two methods wherein you could repair and address the Remove PIN Option Greyed out in Windows 11 issue. We wish we’ve got assisted you in providing you with the ideal answer for the same. If you’ve got any queries or feedback, please depart a remark withinside the under remark box.