Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) console is one of the most popular and widely used gaming consoles for years among hardcore video gamers. Whereas the upcoming next-gen PlayStation 5 console is way more powerful as well as advanced in terms of the current generation PS4 console. The best part is that just like PC gameplay recording, PS4 can also record gameplay in the background without any issues. So, if you’re also one of the PlayStation 4 console users, check out how to record PS4 gameplay with a capture card.
Now, you may ask what is the benefit of recording the gameplay. So, it’s a no-brainer that if you’re one of the streamers or professional gamers then you can share the recorded gameplay to anyone whether on the social media platform or directly someone. Although the PS4 console is capable of recording the gameplay in the background even without having a capture card, if you have a capture card then it’ll be more useful to use that card for recording. So, without waiting for further ado, let’s get into it.
How To Record PS4 Gameplay With a Capture Card
- There are two quite reliable and popular screen recording tools available online that most of the PS4 console users can definitely use like Elgato Video Capture or FonePaw Screen Recorder or ApowerREC. (Though Elgato Video Capture is a paid tool, it’s very much popular one)
- So, if you have a facecam then you can also record your face while capturing the gameplay just like live video game streamers.
- Both the internal sound and voice will be recorded according to your preference.
- Now, you’ll need to download the Screen Recorder tool on your Windows/Mac computer.
- Use your HDMI Cable to connect your PS4 console with the computer and the capture card. Once connected, you’ll see the PS4 gameplay on the computer screen.
For Elgato Video Capture Tool:
- Start playing back your video source > Connect its output to the Elgato Video Capture.
- Choose the appropriate input by clicking on the radio buttons.
- Select the aspect ratio of the gameplay recording screen.
- Next, connect your video source’s audio outputs to Elgato Video Capture.
- Click on ‘Continue’ once the sound starts coming out from the connected speakers or inbuilt speakers of the computer. (You can also adjust the volume)
- Once all done, click on the ‘Start Recording’ button.
- Similarly, when you’re done with recording, click on the ‘Stop Recording’ button. (You can also choose ‘Automatically stop recording after 60 minutes’)
- Additionally, you can also trim your recorded video from the inbuilt editor.
- Next, you’ll have to finalize the process by saving the file, and then you can share the Windows/Mac Media Player library or even upload it to YouTube directly.
For FonePaw Screen Recorder:
- Launch the recorder tool > Settings > Output.
- Select the recording quality, format, destination, frame rate, audio quality, etc.
- Once you’re ready to start playing your game or in the lobby, click on the Rec button to begin. (You can also add Task Schedule to add a task so that the recording will automatically start and stop according to the schedule)
- Additionally, you can also take a screenshot of the gameplay using the recorder tool.
- You can also trim your captured gameplay video after recording.
- Launch the ApowerREC tool on your Windows PC/Laptop.
- Go to Tools > Options > Set up the required options like audio & video quality, hotkeys, output folder, etc.
- In order to record the screen, just activate one of the recording modes like ‘Region’.
- Next, drag the cross-hair along the capture area on the screen > Release the mouse.
- Then click on ‘REC’ to start recording.
- Also, make sure to enable the audio recording for the background music of the game.
There are plenty of other recording tools also available in order to record the PS4 gameplay that you can easily find out online. Most of the tools would work like a charm.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.