Google has made lifestyles plenty less difficult and easier way to a ton of gear and software programs that they release. One of the extra first-rate ones available needs to be Google Docs. Why is it popular? Well, it’s free, may be used on any platform, calls for only a browser in your PC, and shops all your document documents at the cloud itself, i.e. Google Drive.
If you’re a person who makes use of Google Docs loads and additionally works round with PDF documents, there are probabilities which you would possibly have constantly searched for a choice to insert the documents proper into Google Docs itself. Here is a manual on the way to insert PDF into Google Docs.
If you are taking a go searching Google Docs itself, there may be no such alternative to be had to insert PDF documents proper right into a document file. Heck, there isn’t even an upload-on to be had that helps you to upload PDF documents into Google Docs. So what do you do? Do you shift to any other phrase processor due to the fact you can’t insert PDF? No, you don’t. This is wherein we are available in and display you the way to insert PDF documents into Google Docs proper away. Read directly to recognize extra.
Steps to Insert PDF into Google Docs
Before we begin, you need to know that you can’t simply insert a PDF file into Google Docs. Sure this might sound a bit disappointing, but hey, there is always a workaround to get anything and everything done.
- First of all, take a look at the PDF file that you have. Look at how many pages it has.
- If it has less than three pages, the best thing you can do is take a screenshot of each page. Shouldn’t be a problem at all. You can head here to see how to take screenshots on a Windows PC easily.
- However, if you have those huge PDF files that have more than 5 pages or so, it can be a bit of a headache to keep taking screenshots for each page.
- We do know that you can insert images into Google Docs, so here is where we will use an online PDF converter to make the task easier.
- I Love PDF is a popular and one of the most used PDF converters available online. You can convert your PDF file into images easily.
- To do this, simply visit the online converter and click on the PDF to JPG.
- It will now ask you to upload your PDF file. Click on the Select PDF button. You can also drag and drop the PDF file.
- Now, choose the first option that says Page to JPG. Selecting this will create images equal to the number of pages in the PDF file.
- Once you have selected the option, click on the Convert To JPG button.
- The process will begin right away and will let you download the file to your system. You can also choose to save it to your Google Drive Or Dropbox cloud storage.
- Now that your PDF images have been downloaded, it’s time to add them to your Google Docs file.
- Open up Google Docs and click on Insert from the menu bar.
- Select Image and then click on Upload from Computer. You will be asked to navigate to the images to upload.
And that is how you add PDFs to Google Docs. Sure, it’s not the same as adding the whole PDF file, but as a workaround, this is the best that you can do.
Apart from this, you can also add just one image from the PDF file and then add a link to it. You can do this by simply right-clicking the image that you inserted into your Google Doc file and selecting the Link option. Here you can add the link to the PDF file that you might have stored on a cloud storage service. But make sure that you have the file set to viewable to everyone, otherwise, it could be a problem.