Fitbit Versa 2 and 3 are trendy smartwatches for those who want to tune their fitness and notifications in a clever way. A smartwatch sincerely allows customers to hold a tune of time as well as hold their fitness metrics in check. Smartwatches like Fitbit customers Bluetooth generation to pair to get the notifications. Bluetooth is a totally easy generation, however, in a few worse cases, it may come to be very annoying. Similarly, many Fitbit Versa 2 and a few Versa 3customers have stated that they are able to now not pair it with their Android phones. If you’ve got these days sold the tool, then simply download the Fitbit utility from the play shop and configure it that way. But in case you pair your vintage tool with a brand new smartphone or pair it once more for a few reasons, then we have a few fixes to your Fitbit that won’t pair together along with your Android smartphone.
Fix Fitbit Versa 2 or 3 Not Pairing With Android Phone
Most connectivity issues may be constant with an easy tool reboot. To deliver your tool a restart. Long press your energy key and tap on restart. If prompted, you can need to input your display lock code. Once the tool is powered again on, strive to show Bluetooth on then off to your Android smartphone.
- Pull down the notification panel on your phone.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon to turn it off.
- Now tap back on it to turn it on.
- Long press the icon to bring up the devices list
- Tap on your device name “Fitbit versa 2/3” to connect.
Method 1: Remove all devices from Bluetooth and reconnect
One common motive to your phone isn’t always pairing with Fitbit is which you have too many gadgets brought for your related tool list. Many humans face this problem in recent times due to the fact maximum of the peripherals now are wi-fi and are looking to join the maximum of the time.
- Open the setting app and go to Bluetooth settings.
- Power On Bluetooth using the slider.
- Now remove every other device except your fit bit.
- Turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on.
You should be able to connect to your Fitbit smartwatch without any issues. But if you are still facing the issue, then we have some more solutions for you.
Method 2: Perform a Soft reset and pair it again
Sometimes doing the steps in the above solution will not be sufficient. At this point, you have to soft reset your Fitbit smartwatch to solve the issue.
- Remove the smartwatch from your hand.
- Continuously press and hold the power button on the left side of the watch for a brief 6 to 8 seconds.
- Now you should be able to see the display go black, and you should also feel it vibrate.
- Once you see the Fitbit logo, let go of the button.
- Wait for it to boot back up, it may take up to 30 seconds for it to completely boot back up.
Once it is powered on, go ahead and retry pairing with your Android smartphone. It should be working now.
Method 3: Perform a Hard Reset
Now, that is the very last risk of having your Fitbit work together along with your Android device. Because after this there may be not anything a good deal you could do to your aspect besides to touch customer service and get a replacement of some other solution.
- Power On your Fitbit device.
- Swipe to the left while on the watch face.
- Now tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Scroll down to the last section you will find an option “About” tap on it
- Now scroll down again and tap on Factory reset,
- There will be a confirmation asked whether you want to process factory resetting your Fitbit smartwatch.
- Tap on Reset to continue.
Now, this can display you, “Resetting, This Fitbit may be restored to its factory settings.” Patiently anticipate it to complete. The display screen will move absolutely black for extra than a minute. After which, the Fitbit brand will come. It may be still on it for extra than 2 mins and finally will activate you to download the Fitbit app.