How to Delete a Netflix Profile on Your Desktop, Mobile, or TV
Do you think that your Netflix profile is suddenly giving you suggestions? If so, you can either remove items from your watch history or categorize the content you watch to see better suggestions on Netflix. Another thing you can do is delete your Netflix profile and start over. In this guide, we’ll discuss ways to delete your Netflix profile on a variety of devices, from your iPhone or Android device to Smart TV, and how it can benefit you. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Delete a Netflix Profile: Explained (2022)
In addition to your primary profile, you can delete all other Netflix profiles if they give you random suggestions or belong to a family member who no longer uses the service. Deleting a Netflix profile is a straightforward process and is supported on all devices that allow you to watch Netflix. So let’s see how to remove unwanted Netflix profiles.
What is a Netflix Profile?
Netflix allows you to create a maximum of five profiles on any account. Each profile can have a different name, profile picture, settings, and content recommendations. So, you can use different profiles to make different suggestions clearly. For example, you might have a profile for Horror and another drama. In addition, each profile can have different settings such as maturity level, subtitle preference, autoplay options (which you can disable), pin lock, etc. Netflix profiles also come in handy if you share your account with your friends or family.
Of the five, one profile is basic and belongs to the account owner. You must have this profile, and it can only be removed if you decide to delete your Netflix account. Remember, Netflix retains your data for ten months if you delete your account. However, if you delete the profile, there is no way back. So, if you are ready to remove a specific Netflix profile from your account, let’s see how to do it.
How to Delete Netflix Profile Using a Web Browser
Most Netflix settings require you to access your account from a web browser. This means you can change almost every Netflix setting using the browser, including managing your profiles. Here’s how to do it.
- Sign in to Netflix using a web browser on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. Select the “Manage Profile” option at the bottom of your screen.
- If you are already logged in, you can access the “Manage Profiles” option by hovering over your profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Next, click the pencil icon on top of the profile you want to delete.
- Then, on the next page, select “Delete Profile” from the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, confirm your choice by selecting the “Delete Profile” option again on the next screen.
How to Delete Netflix Profile on Your Mobile (Android & iOS)
Many users prefer to watch Netflix on their mobile phones. It’s simple, easy to use and you can use your phone anywhere. So, if you rely on the Netflix mobile app for your daily entertainment, here’s how you can delete your Netflix profile using the iPhone or Android app. This process is the same for both Android devices and iPhones.
- Open the app and sign in to Netflix. Then, go to the “Manage” profile option by tapping the pencil icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- If you are already logged in, click on your profile picture icon at the top-right and select Manage Profile.
- Next, tap the pencil icon on top of the profile you want to delete.
- Then, click on “Delete Profile” at the bottom-center of your screen to delete that specific Netflix profile using your mobile device. You will need to confirm your action by tapping “Delete Profile” in the pop-up prompt that appears.
Note: You cannot delete an active profile. Thus, you will need to log into another profile or none before deleting your desired profile.
How to Delete Netflix Profile on Your Smart TV
According to this statistical report, most users like to watch Netflix on the big TV screen. So, when you spend your precious time browsing through Netflix tips just looking for useless picks, here’s what you should do. Delete profile and create a new one. Here’s how to do it on TV.
- Open the Netflix app on your smart TV. Navigate to the left side of the screen to access the hamburger menu and select “Switch Profiles” using the remote control.
- Once you are on the Netflix profile screen on your TV, navigate to the profile you want to delete and select the pencil icon.
- Now, select the “Delete Profile” option.
- Finally, confirm your choice on the next screen by clicking the “Delete Profile” button once again.
How to Delete Netflix Profile using Desktop App (Windows & Mac)
Using the Netflix app on your Mac or Windows PC gives you the added benefit of downloading content for offline viewing. The same thing applies to mobile apps. So, if you prefer the Netflix desktop app to watch some of the best Netflix TV shows or movies, you can use it to delete a profile. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Netflix app on your computer. From the hamburger menu on the left, click the “Switch Profile” button at the top.
- Then, on the next screen, click on “Manage” at the top-right corner.
- Now, click on the pencil icon over the Netflix profile you wish to delete.
- Then, select the “Delete” option with the trashcan icon at the top-right corner.
- Lastly, confirm your choice from the pop-up prompt by selecting “Delete Profile” once again.
Delete Netflix Profile: Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I delete a Netflix profile?
You cannot delete your primary profile because it is associated with a Netflix account owner. This is the profile you get when you create your account. The only way to delete this profile is to delete your account. Second, you cannot delete the profile you are actively using. You will need to first log out of this profile before proceeding.
Can you lock a Netflix profile?
Yes, you can create a PIN for any profile using the Parental Control option from your Netflix account.
Where is the manage profiles option on Netflix?
How to access the “Manage Profile” option is standard enough for each device. You must click on the “Manage Profile” option, followed by a pencil icon on the profile picture in most cases.
Will profile deletion mess up my Netflix account?
This will not harm your account in any way. However, viewing history and Netflix profile suggestions that you delete will be lost forever.
Easy Steps to Delete a Netflix Profile
Deleting a profile from your Netflix account is a straightforward task. You can do this in just a few seconds by browsing through the app and following the steps above. Additionally, you can lock or control each Netflix profile individually, which makes them an even more valuable feature. Were you able to delete your Netflix profile using the steps outlined in this guide? Or, do you have a problem? If so, feel free to drop your questions below, and we’ll be happy to address them for you.