How to Change the Google Maps Navigation Voice in Android & iOS
Google Maps is the best navigation app available for Android and iOS devices and can be pre-installed on your Android device.
This is a great navigation app that provides users with hands-free directions, travel alerts, and much more. The hands-free direction feature of Google Maps helps you get directions while driving so you don’t have to stare at the screen.
More interestingly, Google Maps allows you to customize the sound in your rotation navigation. By default, the sound of Google Maps is set to English US, but you can change it to your liking.
How to Change the Google Maps Navigation Voice in Android
So, in this article, we will share a detailed guide on how to change the sound of Google Maps on your Android device. You can follow this method to customize the navigation sound of Google Maps to your liking. Let’s check out.
1. First of all, head to the Google Play Store and update the Google Maps app for Android.
2. On the Google Maps app, tap on your profile picture.
3. This will open the Settings page. Tap on the ‘Settings‘ option, as shown in the screenshot below.
4. On the Settings, scroll down and tap on the ‘Navigation settings’ option.
5. Under Navigation, tap on the Voice selection option as shown below.
6. Under the Voice selection, you will find a list of available voices. You need to select one of these options to switch the Google Maps navigation voice.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can change Google Maps navigation voice on Android.
How to Change Navigation Voice on Google Maps on iPhone
The option to change navigation voice is not available on Google Maps for iPhone. Hence, you need to change the iPhone language to change the voice.
However, making this change will alter the voice for all apps on your iPhone. Here are some of the simple steps that you need to follow.
1. First, open Settings on your iPhone and tap on the General tab.
2. Now head to the General > Language & Region.
3. Under the Language & Region, tap on the iPhone Language option.
4. Select the language you want to use. Once done, restart your iPhone and open Google Maps.
That’s it! You are done. The new voice language will reflect in the Google Maps app for iPhone.
Like Google Maps, you can change the default voice of Google Assistant. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends too. If you have any doubts about it, let us know in the comment box below.