No longer interested in shows on Hulu or just hooked on other streaming services? You may consider unsubscribing. There may be many other reasons why you may not want to continue with your Hulu subscription and account. Here is a guide on how to cancel Hulu subscription and delete Hulu account.
Just uninstalling an app or not paying your Hulu bills doesn’t mean your Hulu account will be deleted immediately. There are steps that need to be followed when you want to completely delete your Hulu account. By not paying subscription bills you are simply blocking or taking time away from watching or streaming Hulu content. Read on to learn how to unsubscribe and delete your Hulu account.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription
Now, let’s take a look at how you need to first cancel your Hulu Subscription before you go about deleting your Hulu account.
Cancel Hulu Subscription on the Web
- On your PC or Mac, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to the Accounts page of Hulu. You will be asked to sign in if required.
- You will be given the option to pause your subscription.
- If all you want to do is cancel your subscription click on Continue to Cancel.
- And finally, click on Cancel Subscription.
- Your Hulu subscription is now canceled.
However, this does not mean your account will be closed or deleted. Hulu will still be having your account details because your profile still exists on Hulu.
Cancel Hulu Subscription on Android
Following are the steps you need to follow if you want to cancel your Hulu Subscription.
- Launch the Hulu Android app and tap on the Accounts tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Account and enter your password if asked.
- You will now see a screen that shows your plan details and any add-ons that you might have added.
- The Cancel Subscription option will also be displayed.
- Just tap on the Cancel option and you are good to go.
Cancel Hulu Subscription on Apple Devices
If you use an Apple device to stream and watch Hulu, you can follow these steps to cancel your Hulu Subscription.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on your Name followed by Subscriptions.
- You will now see a list of various subscriptions that are linked to your Apple ID.
- Select Hulu and tap on Cancel Subscription.
- You have now canceled your Hulu subscription on your iPhone or iPad.
Cancel Hulu Subscription via Amazon Pay
Billed for Hulu Subscriptions via Amazon Pay? Here is how you can cancel your subscription using Amazon Pay.
- Head over to the Amazon Pay website and login in with your Amazon Pay credentials.
- Now click on Check Your Amazon Pay Orders. You will be required to sign in with your Amazon account details.
- Click on Merchant Agreements followed by Manage Merchant Agreements.
- A list of all subscriptions that are billed via Amazon Pay will show up.
- Select the Hulu subscription and click on Cancel Agreement.
- You will be asked to confirm canceling the agreement. Click on Cancel.
- Your Hulu Subscription is now canceled via Amazon Pay.
Cancel Hulu Subscription via Comcast Xfinity
Got your Hulu Subscription via Comcast Xfinity? Here are the steps you can follow to cancel your Hulu Subscription.
- Grab the remote for your Xfinity Box and navigate to the Settings menu.
- With the Settings menu open, highlight and select the Apps and subscriptions Management menu.
- You will now be shown all active Subscriptions, navigate to your Hulu Subscription.
- Press the down button on your remote and select the Unsubscribe option.
- Xfinity will ask if you want to cancel your subscription. Confirm it by selecting the Unsubscribe button.
Cancel Hulu Subscription via Spotify
Students who have Spotify Premium might have also subscribed to Hulu using their Spotify Premium account. In case you plan to cancel your Hulu Subscription, here are the steps.
- On your web browser, log into Spotify and head over to the accounts page.
- Your Plans page will be displayed.
- Simply click on Change Plan and finally click on Cancel Spotify.
- You can click on the Cancel Premium option and now you are no longer subscribed to Hulu and Spotify Premium.
Cancel Hulu Subscription via Verizon
Accessing Hulu via the Disney Bundle that grants you Hulu as well and ESPN? You can follow these steps to cancel your Hulu Subscription.
- Head over to the Add-Ons page of the Verizon website.
- You will be asked to sign in with your user id or Verizon number and password.
- Scroll to Disney+ and choose the Manage add-on.
- Finally, select the Cancel my Subscription option.
You will have to cancel your Hulu account using the Hulu website if you are billed by the following services
How to Delete Hulu Account
Now that you have canceled your Hulu subscription, you can proceed to delete your Hulu account and all data associated with it. To delete your Hulu account, it is best advised to perform the function through a PC. Deleting an account will also delete all profiles associated with it, as well as the option to delete watch history associated with your Hulu account.
Steps to Delete Hulu Account
- Open the web browser of your choice on your PC.
- Now, visit the Hulu website and log in to your Hulu account credentials.
- Click on the profile picture icon and then click on the user name for the account.
- You will be taken to the manage your Account Screen.
- Scroll till you find the Privacy and Settings option.
- Select Manage Activity. You will now see a list of options.
- Checkmark the boxes that say Watch History, Profiles, and DVR Settings.
- Click on the button that says Clear Selection. Now, go back to the Privacy and Settings page.
- Once back on the Privacy and Settings page, click on California Privacy Rights.
- Where it says Right to Delete, click on Start Deletion.
- You can agree to the warning and then choose between deleting your account right now or at the end of the billing cycle.
This way you can cancel your Hulu subscription as well as delete your Hulu account. Once you delete all your data, you won’t be able to log in with the same account. However, before you delete your account, you can ask Hulu to send you all the data they’ve been collecting since you created your account. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.