When Windows 11 was released last year, we also got the ability to install Android apps and games from the Amazon App Store. Now of course we know that the current Amazon App Store is not full of many games and the best way to play a few games is side loading. Games and various app stores. Now there is good news from there too. Google recently announced a new feature for Google Play Games. You will now be able to play Android games on your PC from the Google Play Store. Let’s dig a little deeper into what this is all about.
Of course, the ability to play and run Android apps and games has been a thing for a long time. You can use various Android emulators that allow you to install and play Android games on your PC. When it was cold, there was always the problem of breaks and sometimes, as a result, your account in the game was blocked. Well, with Google’s new project you can easily lose the Android emulator to play the game but not yet. Read on to find out more about Google Play Games for Windows.
The feature is currently in beta and is only available in three regions: South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Of course, its availability is very limited, but we can expect beta access to gradually reach different areas in the coming weeks or months. If you belong to one of the areas mentioned above, you can apply for access to the Google Play Games PC app. But, it also means that you meet the system requirements that are important for the smooth running of the Google Play Games app.
These are the minimum system requirements that are required to be added to the waiting list and when beta access is live in your area. Here are the system requirements.
- Windows 10 running update 2004 or newer
- An SSD with at least free space of 20 GB
- CPU with 8 logical cores
- 8 GB of RAM
- Windows account with Admin privileges
- Hardware Virtualization present and enabled
Along with all the system specs, you also need to have any one of the below-mentioned GPUs in order to use Google Play games.
- GeForce GTX 600, 700, 800, 900,10 series
- GeForce 16, 20, 30 series
- Volta series
- Iris Xe Graphics
- Radeon HD 7790, 7850, 7870, 7970, 7990
- Radeon HD 8970, 8990
- Radeon R9 200 series
- Radeon R7 & R9 300 series
- Radeon RX 400 series
- Radeon RX 570, 580, 890
- Radeon RX Vega series
- Radeon VII series
- Radeon 5000, 6000 series
Google Play Games Features
While you will be able to finally play your Android mobile games without lags on your PC, here are some added benefits
- A bigger screen brings in more immersive gameplay
- In-game controls automatically mapped to your keyboard and mouse
- Google achievements and rewards will be synced
- Single google account to sync your game progress and continuity functionality
- Safe game installations and game optimizations for PC
- Earn Google Play Points from subscriptions and in-game purchases. (Play Points available in select regions)
And this is everything about the new Google Play games for PC While it is currently in beta and in very limited regions, it is safe to say this will be a great success while it launches globally. We will update the region availability list as and when new regions are added. So, what do you think about being able to play Android games on a PC without an Android emulator?