Users can fix “Your Account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” using the official solutions. iPhone and iPad are daily drivers for millions of consumers around the world. It’s not a happy moment when the Apple account is disabled by the company. We will look into why Apple decided to disable your account and how you can regain access to the Apple ID by applying the working solutions.
Why is Apple saying my account is disabled?
Apple does not deactivate an active account in blue and there are several important reasons behind this. You need to know the triggering points so that you do not go through the same pain anywhere under the Apple ID line. There are a few reasons to deactivate your Apple account, and it is enforced by a company based in Cupertino. I have listed some of the reasons behind this so that you can identify the problem and fix it quickly.
Free orders in the App Store or iTunes:
There are in-app purchases in the App Store and iTunes and you have to pay for the services. You may have subscribed to the service in iTunes or the app. Your Apple account is inactive due to unpaid bills and follows the solution below to resolve it. If you would like to know more about this, you can contact the Apple Customer Support Team.
I created my Apple account in 2014 and it remained inactive for many years. There is no doubt that the company will give access to the account to anyone without verification. Account-holders must verify their identities and strengthen their security. I’ve shown you how to regain access to an Apple account or you can contact Regional Customer Care.
This is unfortunate, but your account may have been accessed by an unknown person. The Cupertino-based company does not tolerate unauthorized access and has strong security protocols to protect user data. Your Apple account may have been deactivated due to a security breach, and you may be able to access it again if you have access to a registered mobile number.
Credit card disputes:
The account may have been deactivated due to the nature of the charge dispute. The App Store and iTunes have rules to protect users from unauthorized transactions or unfair transactions. The account may be locked, so no one can make any more credit card transactions.
Invalid password input:
Apple ID is an integral part of the system and is the second line of defense to prevent unauthorized access. Your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer need a Touch ID or Face ID to meet the recognition protocol. If the device owner’s passcode or identification process fails, the account will be deactivated.
Fix Your Account Has been Disabled in the Apple Store and iTunes
Sign out of iTunes.
App Store and iTunes are connected with Apple ID. Sign out of the account to resolve “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” in the software. You must sign out of an Apple account with iOS and macOS software. Here’s how to sign out of an Apple account in iTunes and App Store.
- Open App Store from the Home Screen.
- Tap your profile picture located at the top right corner.
- Swipe down and the “Sign Out” button located bottom.
- Tap “Sign Out” button.
- Enter the email address and password, then tap “Sign in” button.
- Enter the password to confirm the identification.
iOS software prompts you to re-enter the password, so don’t worry about incorrect input here. The Apple account can be re-accessed if there is a problem with the app purchase.
- Click on Launcher.
- Open “App Store” & “iTunes” from the launcher or Finder app.
- Sign Out from the iTunes.
- Sign Out from the App Store .
- Sign in to the accounts again using the valid credentials.
Restart the iOS/macOS machine and find out if the problem is persisting in the next session. Meanwhile, you can try other solutions that I have suggested below, and resolve the “Your Account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” issue.
Remove Screen Time Restrictions
- Tap “Settings” app.
- Choose “Screen Time” from the settings.
- Select “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- Tap “iTunes & App Store Purchases” option.
- Select the options under “Store Purchases & Re-downloads” to continue.
- I selected “Installing Apps” and you can allow it.
- Allow all options and go back to the App Store.
Reboot your iOS device and install an app from the App Store.
Reset Apple ID Password
I will reset my Apple ID password from the browser. You can reset the Apple ID password from another iOS device, but the majority of users do not own a secondary Apple device. I will use the Android mobile browser to reset the Apple account password.
- Open the Android mobile browser.
I selected Edge browser for the password reset process.
- Enter the Apple ID, then tap the “Continue” button.
- Enter the registered mobile number ending with XX.
- You will receive a code in the inbox.
You should not worry about the confirmation code if the SIM card is in the inaccessible iPhone or iPad.h
- Enter the verification code, then tap the “Continue” button.
- Type in the new password, then re-enter the password to confirm it.
- Tap “Continue” to confirm the password change.
- Your Apple ID password changed successfully.
Go to the iPhone and re-enter the Apple ID password when prompted. The issue of “Your account has been deactivated in the App Store and iTunes” should be resolved by now. Follow the next solution to contact Apple’s support team quickly.
Contact Apple Customer Support Team
I spoke quickly with the Apple customer support team. The support team has access to the proprietary dashboard for instant review of your account. You can count on the customer support team for more information as they have access to the tools.
Download & Install the Apple Support app
- Open the Apple Support app from the store.
- Tap the “Disabled Apple ID” option.
- Choose an option from the list.
Tap the “Your Account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” option.
- You can call customer care or chat with the representative.
- Describe your problem with the team.
They will ask you a few questions like Apple ID, user name, and other personal information. Of course, they are trying to confirm the Apple ID user identity.
- The support representative rectified the issue in a few minutes.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Apple.
iPhone or iPad users can count on Apple’s customer support team. You can chat or call the team for more help. The dashboard provides account information, and they can view the status of the account. Of course, they do not have the authority to check the stored data, so do not worry about privacy violations.
Apple recommends that iPhone or iPad users contact the customer support team when “the account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes”. Try the solutions outlined in the tutorial, so that you do not have to go through the complicated process. Tell us how you fixed the iTunes and App Store glitch in your iPhone or iPad.