A huge change took place in the latest Magisk v22 today. Magisk Manager and zip are no longer needed to be install as separate entities. The developer, John Wu, in a recent post on Twitter said that Magisk Manager is dead. What he means is that the Magisk zip and manager app will be bundled into a standalone APK stating v22. So download the latest Magisk v22 APK here.
Moreover, there is no need to flash the Magisk zip via TWRP anymore separately. All you need to do is install the main Magisk APK file from below onto your phone and it will setup everything.
The reasoning for this change, according to the developer, is that the versioning of Magisk Manager and Magisk zip would often confuse people. Plus, the zips and manager APK needed to be on specific versions to run properly; which caused more consusion.
Starting with the latest Magisk v22.0, the two entities are now merged into a single package. The developer topjohnwu also added a new app for hiding the Magisk app with advanced technique using as stub APK in support of Android 5.0+.
Moreover, for custom recovery lovers, the Magisk APK is a custom recovery flashable zip in itself, just like MAGIC. As for the other changes, it brings support for rooting the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 series flagships. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
Magisk v22 Changelog
- [General] Magisk and Magisk Manager is now merged into the same package!
- [App] The term “Magisk Manager” is no longer used elsewhere. We refer it as the Magisk app.
- [App] Support hiding the Magisk app with advanced technique (stub APK loading) on Android 5.0+ (it used to be 9.0+)
- [App] Disallow re-packaging the Magisk app on devices lower than Android 5.0
- [App] Detect and warn about multiple invalid states and provide instructions on how to resolve it
- [MagiskHide] Fix a bug when stopping MagiskHide does not take effect
- [MagiskBoot] Fix bug when unpacking
lz4_lgcompressed boot images
- [MagiskInit] Support Galaxy S21 series
- [MagiskSU] Fix incorrect APEX paths that caused
libsqlite.sofail to load
Magisk brings features like root hide, bypass Google’s SafetyNet test, and Magisk Module support onto Android 12. So download and install stable Magisk 22 APK from below.
Download Magisk 22
Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
Full downloads repository: