The camera hasn’t been the main attraction of a gaming phone since its inception and the same goes with the ROG Phone 5. The device comes with a triple-lens camera module which is very similar to the last year’s ROG Phone III. Asus ROG Phone 5 carries a 64MP Sony IMX686 QuadBayer sensor on its back panel, the snapper captures nice images. But if you want to try something new for boosting the image quality, then you can go with the Pixel 5’s camera app (GCam Mod). Here you can download Google Camera for Asus ROG Phone 5.
Google Camera for ROG Phone 5 [Best GCam]
Asus drops its newest gaming phone with a 64MP main sensor, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro camera. Asus’s default camera app has a flurry of useful features, such as Night Mode UI, Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, along with other essentials. The smartphone capture decent images using these different modes. However, if are looking for a better alternative, then you can use Google Camera from Pixel 5, luckily, the latest port is compatible with the ROG Phone 5.
The newest mod port of Google Camera – GCam 8.2 is running on the Asus ROG Phone 5. In terms of features, then the Google Camera app comes with features like Astrophotography, Night Sight, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. You can use GCam to capture mind-blowing shots. Here’s how you can download and install Google Camera for Asus ROG Phone 5.
Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 5
The feature-packed Asus ROG Phone 5 has Camera2 API support out-of-the-box. So, there’s no need to root your ROG Phone 5 for sideloading the Google Camera app. Talking about the GCam ports, then the latest beta (GCam 8.2) by Arnova8G2 and GCam 7.3 stable by Wichaya (based on Urnyx05’s port) works fine on the ROG Phone III. Here’s the direct link to download the ported APKs.
- Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 5 (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Gcam 8.1 for ROG Phone 5 (GCam_6.1Beta.210709.0049build-8.1.101.apk)
- Download Gcam 8.2 for ROG Phone 5 (MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2_MGC.apk) [Beta]
Once you’ve downloaded the APK, make sure to set up the things by downloading the config file from the below-listed links.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
- Open the GCam app on your ROG Phone 5, Now enable the HDR+ enhanced from the settings.
- Head over to the Settings > Advanced > Auxiliary Camera > Enable the Auxiliary Camera here.
- If you want to capture 64MP unbinned images, then you can try playing with the denoise values in Settings > Advanced > Lib patcher.
If you don’t want to mess up with the Settings and configuration, then you can directly download the config file using below links.
For GCam_6.1Beta.210709.0049build-8.1.101.apk & GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3.apk
- Download the above listed config files, it bags up with all the recommended settings.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the config file, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
While for MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2_MGC.apk there’s no need to configure many settings, but still you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
Once all done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Asus ROG Phone 5 and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Edition smartphone.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.