Google just released the first official Android 11 public build for the Pixel series. Now, Android being an free and open source operating system, the source code is not just restricted to Pixel phones. Manufacturers and developers across the globe can use these AOSP 11 public builds to make their own Android OS skin such as the latest Oxygen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 series. So OnePlus just revealed the first Android 11 beta update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
The manufacturer just published a blog post on OnePlus Forums titled “Android 11 Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 8 Series”. However, the page was soon taken offline due to some reason. Could be a mistake, don’t know. But you will find the link below and post should be live there soon. Now, we don’t know what exactly the update holds, but we got a glimpse of what’s new with the upcoming Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro possible called Oxygen OS 11. We also captured the download links!
Android 11 features better user privacy protections, advanced app permissions, speech balloon Bubbles, Bubbles API, new Pixel Launcher, Pinhole, waterfall screens support, camera native image decoder and new camera features, up pointing backhand index Biometrics, support for 5G and Foldable phones. Of course, it also consists of all the features from Android 10 and previous OS versions. You can read about all the detailed changes from Android’s blogpost here.
What’s new with OnePlus 8 (Pro) Android 11 Beta update?
- Oxygen OS 11
- Android 11
- June 2020 security patch level
- Android 11 goodies and features
Now, as this is the first Android 11 developer preview build for Oxygen OS 11, the manufacturer also listed a bunch of known issues.
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Face unlock is unavailable
- Google Assistant (“OK Google”) does not work
- Video calling does not work
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Download Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Here are the first Android 11 beta builds for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus users managed to capture the OTA download links directly from manufacturer’s servers! The full OTA weighs 2.50 GB in size.
Download links for OnePlus 8:
Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro:
Notes and installation: The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
- Download Android 11 ROM package zip
- Transfer the ROM to the phone storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
Get More By Joining Us On Telegram
We own a telegram channel & you must join us there because we are updating daily working Premium Account, and the latest version of pro apks and many more.