With the launch of the Google Pixel 6 Series (Review of TheVerge), Google has introduced a whole bunch of new features that are specific to the Pixel lineup of devices. The Pixel 6 series is undoubtedly the king of the camera department on any smartphone right now, and sadly, it is not reaching many countries outside the United States. Android Camera King now has Magic Eraser, Manual Exposure Toggle, and more. Now, thanks to some of the best developers, we have a working camera port of the Pixel 6 series, which works on other non-Pixel Android devices, such as Realme, OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo, or even Samsung phones.
Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like GCAM Port APK might get it right now. This article will take a look at some of the best features of the Pixel 6 series, and guide you through the process of installing the ported Pixel 6 GCam APK file.
Pixel 6 Series Google Camera Features
Now that we’ve had a brief look at what the Google Camera APK is, let’s take a deep dive into some of the key features of the much-loved application.
- Motion Mode
Motion Mode gives your photographs shot with the Google Camera or GCAM APK a sense of artificial blur. It operates in a way that contradicts the Face Unblur tool, giving the impression that the photographs were taken while moving. This eliminates the need to use the Pro modes on any Android smartphone to create long exposure shots.
- Skin Tones and White Balance Adjustment:
This functionality might be linked to Google’s attempts to increase its phones’ ability to record different skin tones. Google has been training its computational photography models to better identify different skin tones and alter the white balance accordingly, according to the firm.
- Face Unblur:
Face deblurring, in a nutshell, takes numerous photographs from the primary sensor and merges them into a single HDR image, identifying and sharpening the face to remove blur. At the same time, the ultra-wide-angle camera is used to acquire crisper photographs. The processing unit subsequently deblurs the face in the HDR image using facial information from the ultra-wide-angle photographs.
- Support for Wireless Microphone via Bluetooth
Support for external wireless mics has been introduced to the Google Camera app on the Pixel 6. While it has long supported wired devices, Google has recently opted to offer recording over an external Bluetooth device. The functionality, code-named “sapphire,” does not appear to be confined to certain Bluetooth audio devices, such as Google’s Pixel Buds A.
Pixel 6 Google Camera Port – System Requirements
- The device should be running on Android 9 or later, which includes Android 9,10,11, or Android 12.
- Note that this application may crash in a few instances since it is still in its early stages.
- Your device should have Camera2API enabled. (Don’t fret, it comes enabled by default on most modern Android smartphones)
How to Install Google Camera Port on Realme or Any Android Smartphone
Now, moving ahead to the final but important step, here’s how I ended up installing the Pixel 6 camera on my smartphone.
- Begin by downloading the most recent Pixel 6 Google Camera APK file from the above-mentioned download link.
- Next, open a file manager and navigate to the file you just downloaded from the URL.
- Now, click on the Google Camera APK file and click on the pop-up that appears to install the APK.
- Users will need to allow Unknown Sources if they are installing an APK for the first time. To do so, open the pop-up window and turn on the toggle switch.
- Once done, head back over to the installation APK file and tap on the Install button.
Download Latest Google Camera from Pixel 6 for Realme or Any Android device
Well, you should have guessed by now, the Google Pixel 6 Pro camera port isn’t officially available on the Play Store, because that’s the tweak version of it. Instead, you can find the APK linked below, safe, secure, and ready to download. However, not all functions in the APK file linked below are currently working, and you may have to wait for future upgrades.