Samsung just rolled out the One UI 2.1 firmware update for the Galaxy Note 9 series. Earlier, we got the same update for the Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10 Plus. The manufacturer soon announced One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy S9 series and Note 9 as well. The reason why everyone is so excited about One UI 2.1 OTA is basically because it brings all the features from the latest flagship Galaxy S20. Here, download and install One UI 2.1 firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
One UI 2.1 update for the Note 9 features new firmware build number N960FXXU5ETF5 for the Exynos or global variants with June 2020 security patch level. The update is currently live in Germany, Europe and will soon spread to other regions of EU and Asia. However, that’s not stopping any of us to update our devices. You can simply grab the OTA update from below and flash it onto your Note 9. Alternatively, you can also download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung servers and upgrade to OneUI 2.1 via Odin Flash Tool. The update will soon come to the United States as well for the Snapdragon variants. So stay tuned!
Some of the features of One UI 2.1 include the popular Single Take camera feature from the Galaxy S20 series. This feature automatically shoots photos and videos with all of the cameras and functions, then pulls out the best shots and moments in one album. However, this feature may take a whole lot of space on your phone. Quick share is another cool feature. It is like the Aridrop (from Apple iPhones) for the Samsung devices.
Another great camera feature is the Pro mode for videos! This allows you to set ISO, exposure, etc. while video recording as well. Other camera updates induce AR zone, single take, professional video, own filters, selfie sound, time lapse for the night and a mode for recording videos with the front camera in FHD / UHD at 60 fps. Rest are updated Gallery apps with new functions, updated Samsung keyboard, Music Share, and AR Emoji. The complete changelog is listed below.
One UI 2.1 update features
While you can read about all the One UI 2.1 features from our Samsung Galaxy S10 series firmware update, here are all the changes found in the new update for the Note 9.
- Quick Share
- Music Share
- Deep sleeping apps
- Changes in few settings pages
- More screen zoom options
- Created seperated keyboard category.
- Added Live Captions in missing features.
- Changed the design of the list a bit.
- Single Take
- Pro Video
- AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji)
- AR Doodle
- My Filters
- Shot Suggestions
- Selfie Tone
- Smooth zoom transition
- Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
- Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
- Night Mode on selfie camera
- Zooming in Night Mode
- Changed “Night Mode on telephoto” to “Zooming in Night Mode” because it almost always just crops from normal camera
- My Files – Network Storage
- Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
- Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
- Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with mouse
- Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clippoard
- Added Clean View to Gallery app
- Added Dex and Your Phone apps
- New design
- Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
- Undo/Redo gestures
- Spotify and Netflix integration
- Search, Translate and Samsung Pass were added
- Changes in Handwriting mode
However, there are still some features missing from the One UI 2.1 that should have been added from the Galaxy S20. Here is a list of missing features:
- Night Hyperlapse
- Switching lenses, when recording
- 30s shutter speed
- Smart selfie angle
- Live Captions
Download One UI 2.1 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You can update your Note 9 to One UI 2.1 by three methods:
- First, is either by installing the OTA update and flash it via stock recovery method
- Secondly, flash the full stock firmware using Odin FlashTool. However, this will also factory reset your device and you will lose all data. So it is recommended that you backup your phone completely!
- The last resort is to wait for the OTA update to become live in your location, then go to Settings > System Updates > Download OTA updates manually.
Method 1: Full OTA download
This is the first method wherein you can update your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from the One UI 2.0 to the latest stable One UI 2.1 based on Android 10 (DTE2 to ETF5) via OTA update zip file.
First, make sure your device is running the previous build
- DTE2 firmware build
Downloads: (stable ETF5)
- Exynos Galaxy Note 9 One UI 2.1 | Download DTE2 to ETF5 (direct download link from Samsung servers)
NOTES for eligible devices! Go to phone app and dial *#1234#, and check if OXM is listed in the CSC-build. If yes, then you can flash the Odin. If now, then you should not proceed!
Eligible OXM multi CSC codes builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
Method 2: Full stock firmware download
The full stock firmware can be downloaded directly from Samsung Severs using two amazing tools. The SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) will let you download the latest stock firmware (that comes in a
.TAR file extension) for any of your Samsung Galaxy devices. So you can basically download the full firmware update (One UI 2.1 based on Android 10) for your Exynos Note 9. Once you have the full stock firmware, you can easily flash it using the Odin FashTools.
Note that One UI 2.1 is currently only available for the Exynos Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F) variants. Wait for the Snapdragon variants. Also, the following firmware build is for the German region. However, you can install it on other Exynos variants as well. Eligible devices include! Devices with MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing using your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S10+ and note down the model number like Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F).
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S10 phones from here. Also known as region or product code. In this case use DBT for Android 10.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
Get More By Joining Us On Telegram
We own a telegram channel & you must join us there because we are updating daily working Premium Account, and the latest version of pro apks and many more.